Pay periods occur in ten day cycles that begin on the Friday of a pay week and end on the Thursday of the following pay week. There is a two week interval between the date of a check and the period for which you are paid. (Exception: Graduate Assistants are paid-to-date.) Payroll calendars reflecting pay period ending dates and check dates are available for each year.
As of pay date 06/13/13, the distribution of paper direct deposit advices for UConn employees was discontinued (with the exception of State of Connecticut retirees who are currently working on the special payroll). All (non-retiree) employees have access to their check stub information via the State’s Core-CT portal (ePay). Through this system, employees are able to view and print their pay stubs for the past two years.
Distribution Location & Time
- Checks are available for departments to claim on alternating Thursdays. Check distribution is held in Payroll’s main office (Rm. 334, Budds Building), between 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Employees must not cash or deposit checks until 3:00 p.m. on pay week Thursday (the start of the next banking day).
- Departments are not permitted to send employees to the Payroll Department in order to claim individual checks. A representative from the department must present the department’s payroll check card and claim the entire section’s checks; or, if the department has elected to have its checks sent via campus mail, employees must wait until pay week Friday to claim their checks within the department.
Payroll Check Cards
- A payroll check card must be presented at the time checks are claimed. Anyone from your department who carries the check card may claim your section’s checks. If you have misplaced your department’s payroll check card, please contact the Payroll Department and request to complete a new Payroll Check Card Authorization.
Checks Sent via Campus Mail
- If your department does not wish to claim its section’s checks in the Payroll Department, you may submit an Authorization to Send Checks via Campus Mail. By submitting this form, you elect to have your sections’ checks automatically delivered to your U-box on pay week Friday. This form may also be used to stop the automatic mailing of your section’s checks.