Pay periods occur in ten day cycles that begin on the Friday of a pay week and end on the Thursday of the following pay week. There is a two week interval between the date of a check and the period for which you are paid. (Exception: Graduate Assistants are paid-to-date.) Payroll calendars reflecting pay period ending dates and check dates are available for each year.
As of pay date 06/13/13, the distribution of paper direct deposit advices for UConn employees was discontinued (with the exception of State of Connecticut retirees who are currently working on the special payroll). All (non-retiree) employees have access to their check stub information via the State’s Core-CT portal (ePay). Through this system, employees are able to view and print their pay stubs for the past two years.
- A payroll check card must be presented at the time checks are claimed.
- Anyone from your department who carries the check card may claim your section’s checks.
- If you have misplaced your department’s payroll check card, please contact the Payroll Department and request to complete a new Payroll Check Card Authorization.
- If your department does not wish to claim its section’s checks in the Payroll Department, you may submit the following form:
- By submitting this form, you elect to have your sections’ checks automatically delivered to your U-box on pay week Friday.
- This form may also be used to stop the automatic mailing of your section’s checks.
- Checks are available for departments to claim on alternating Thursdays. Check distribution is held in Payroll’s main office (Rm. 334, Budds Building), between 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Employees must not cash or deposit checks until 3:00 p.m. on pay week Thursday (the start of the next banking day).
- Departments are not permitted to send employees to the Payroll Department in order to claim individual checks. A representative from the department must present the department’s payroll check card and claim the entire section’s checks; or, if the department has elected to have its checks sent via campus mail, employees must wait until pay week Friday to claim their checks within the department.