Due to COVD19, all paper paychecks are mailed to the home address in Core-CT by the Office of the State Comptroller.
If you receive a live check in place of direct deposit, please note the following:
- Checks are distributed to employees, via their work departments, on payweek Thursdays.
- Employees must not cash or deposit checks until 3:00 p.m. on payweek Thursdays (the start of the next banking day).
- Employees will be notified whenever a check distribution date is to be changed due to a holiday, inclement weather, etc.
State of Connecticut payroll checks are valid for six months. If you are in possession of an outdated payroll check, please return it to the Payroll Department and we will forward it to the Treasury for reissue. If you have misplaced a payroll check, you may request a replacement by completing a lost check affidavit in the Payroll Department. You will be asked to provide the date of the missing check and your picture ID. Lost check affidavits must be signed in the presence of a notary public. Notaries are available in the Payroll Department. If you are unable to come to the Storrs Campus, we can mail/email the affidavit to you and you can bring it to the notary of your choice.
The check replacement process takes approximately two to four weeks to complete. Once your replacement check has been issued, you may request:
- To claim the check in the Payroll Office
- Have it distributed with your regular check
- Have it mailed to your home address