What you need to know
- Section 1 must be completed by the employee by their date of hire.
- Section 2 must be completed in person, within 3 business days of the date of hire. A physical inspection of documents is required.
- If your employee is unable to complete Form I-9 with you in person, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Departments are required to upload a completed Form I-9 (fully completed section 1, fully completed section 2, and copies of required documents) through the Payroll Forms Upload Center.
- Please note employees should not send I9s to Payroll directly.
- A great resource for Form I-9 questions is the training presentation on the UConn Payroll website available here: i9 Center.
- Please remember to use the new form available here, this is the only form that is acceptable: Form I-9. Form I-9s submitted on the old form will be returned to the departments.